(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint a Controller of Certifying Authorities for the purposes of this Act and may also by the same or subsequent notification appoint such number of Deputy Controllers and Assistant Controllers, other officers and employees as it deems fit.
(2) The Controller shall discharge his functions under this Act subject to the general control and directions of the Central Government.
(3) The Deputy Controllers and Assistant Controllers shall perform the functions assigned to them by the Controller under the general superintendence and control of the Controller.
(4) The qualifications, experience and terms and conditions of service of Controller, Deputy Controllers and Assistant Controllers other officers and employees shall be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government.
(5) The Head Office and Branch Office of the Office of the Controller shall be at such places as the Central Government may specify, and these may be established at such places as the Central Government may think fit.
(6) There shall be a seal of the Office of the Controller.