(1) The Cyber Cafe shall not allow any user to use its computer resource without the identity of the user being established. The intending user may establish his identity by producing a document which shall identify the users to the satisfaction of the Cyber Cafe. Such document may include any of the following :—
(i) Identity card issued by any School or College; or
(ii) Photo Credit Card or debit card issued by a Bank or Post Office; or
(iii) Passport; or
(iv) Voter Identity Card; or
(v) Permanent Account Number (PAN) card issued by Income-Tax Authority; or
(vi) Photo Identity Card issued by the employer or any Government Agency; or
(vii) Driving License issued by the Appropriate Government; or
(viii) Unique Identification (UID) Number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
(2) The Cyber Cafe shall keep a record of the user identification document by either storing a photocopy or a scanned copy of the document duly authenticated by the user and authorised representative of cyber cafe. Such record shall be securely maintained for a period of at least one year.
(3) In addition to the identity established by an user under sub-rule (1), he may be photographed by the Cyber Cafe using a web camera installed on one of the computers in the Cyber Cafe for establishing the identity of the user. Such web camera photographs, duly authenticated by the user and authorised representative of cyber cafe, shall be part of the log register which may be maintained in physical or electronic form.
(4) A minor without photo Identity card shall be accompanied by an adult with any of the documents as required under sub-rule (1).
(5) A person accompanying a user shall be allowed to enter cyber cafe after he has established his identity by producing a document listed in sub-rule(1) and record of same shall be kept in accordance with sub-rule (2).
(6) The Cyber cafe shall immediately report to the concerned police, if they have reasonable doubt or suspicion regarding any user.