(1) Partitions of Cubicles built or installed if any, inside the Cyber Cafe, shall not exceed four and half feet in height from the floor level.
(2) The screen of all computers installed other than in Partitions or Cubicles shall face ‘outward’, i.e. they shall face the common open space of the Cyber Cafe.
(3) Any Cyber Cafe having cubicles or partitions shall not allow minors to use any computer resource in cubicles or partitions except when they are accompanied by their guardians or parents.
(4) All time clocks of the computer systems and servers installed in the Cyber Cafe shall be synchronised with the Indian Standard Time.
(5) All the computers in the cyber cafe may be equipped with the commercially available safety or filtering software so as to avoid as far as possible, access to the websites relating to pornography including child pornography or obscene information.
(6) Cyber Cafe shall take sufficient precautions to ensure that their computer resource are not utilised for any illegal activity.
(7) Cyber Cafe shall display a board, clearly visible to the users, prohibiting them from viewing pornographic sites as well as copying or downloading information which is prohibited under the law.
(8) Cyber Cafe shall incorporate reasonable preventive measures to disallow the user from tampering with the computer system settings.
(9) Cyber cafe shall maintain the user identity information and the log register in a secure manner.
(10) Cyber cafe shall also maintain a record of its stafr for a period of one year.
(11) Cyber cafe shall not misuse or alter the information in the log register.
Leave a Reply