(1) After the identity of the user and any person accompanied with him has been established as per sub-rule (1) of rule 4, the Cyber Cafe shall record and maintain the required information of each user as well as accompanying person, if any, in the log register for a minimum period of one year.
(2) The Cyber Cafe may maintain an online version of the log register. Such online version of log register shall be authenticated by using digital or electronic signature. The log register shall contain at least the following details of the user, namely : —
(iv) Contact Number
(v) Type and detail of identification document
(vii) Computer terminal identification
(viii)Log in Time
(ix) Log out Time
(3) Cyber Cafe shall prepare a monthly report of the log register showing date- wise details on the usage of the computer resource and submit a hard and soft copy of the same to the person or agency as directed by the registration agency by the 5th day of next month.
(4) The cyber cafe owner shall be responsible for storing and maintaining backups of following log records for each access or login by any user of its computer resource for atleast one year:—
(i) History of websites accessed using computer resource at cyber cafe;
(ii) Logs of proxy server installed at cyber cafe.
Cyber Cafe may refer to “Guidelines for auditing and logging – CISG-2008-01” prepared and updated from time to time by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-ln) for any assistance related to logs. This document is available at www.cert-in.org.in
(5) Cyber cafe shall ensure that log register is not altered and maintained in a secure manner for a period of at least one year.
Leave a Reply